Why use a CDN on your blog?
Steps to Setup a CDN in WordPress
- Purchase CDN services from MaxCDN.
- Log in to your new MaxCDN account and create a new Pull Zone for your website.
- Setup a custom domain for your Pull Zone, we recommend using a subdomain (i.e. our cdn custom domain is penguininitiatives.com).
- Copy the Temporary URL of your Pull Zone, which can be seen on the summary page for your Pull Zone in MaxCDN like in the following screenshot:
- Add a CNAME record to your DNS records for your site’s domain name. Set the sub-domain to “cdn” and for the IP Address/URL enter your Pull Zone’s temporary URL like in the following screenshot:
- Install & activate the WP Super Cache WordPress caching plugin.
- In your WordPress Dashboard go to Settings > WP Super Cache > CDN
- Check the Enable CDN Support check box and enter your Pull Zone’s custom sub-domain in the Off-site URL field, make sure to leave out the trailing slash. If your site is exclusively http and never uses https then check the Skip https URLs to avoid “mixed content” errors check box as well. Finally hit “Save Changes”. Your WP Super Cache settings will then look like the following:
Don’t Forget to Clear Your Cache & Purge Your CDN Files
Thanks Andy, this tutorial really help me to setup a CDN in wordpress